Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Garrett Wang (Harry Kim) at the Sci-Fi Convention!

The Sci-Fi Con is over and while I am looking back at a beautiful, well-organized and very friendly event (ok, there must have been a few incidents between different fan-groups, but nothing I am aware of), I have one last goodie for you:

A video of the Q & A Session with Garrett Wang (Voyager's Harry Kim at the SL Sci-Fi Con!



During the two-and-a-half hour recording Wang talks (amongst other things) about his time at Voyager, fan-produced films and reprising his role in the MMO Star Trek Online.
And yes, it is no fake! I was following the Facebook thread about getting him into Second Life for appearing at the Con and I couldn't really believe it, until a few days later it happened!
Sadly due to time-zones (and I assume that might have been the case for more of us) I was not able to participate the Q & A so right now I am listening to it for the first time too.

A really exciting and kind move of Wang to participate in the fun and many thanks to him and Steve Atlanta who established the contact and got him in.

There is also a audio-version of the session available at Soundcloud.




Sci-Fi Convention Blog

Sci-Fi Alliance at Facebook


Edit: I just finished listening to the audio and found it very entertaining and interesting too. Wang was absolutely unpretentious and friendly and gave a lot of insight about his time in Voyager. He also wasn't shy of giving his opinions on Star Trek's back-then producer Rick Berman or J. J. Abrams 2nd Star Trek film. There was clearly somebody speaking who is as passionate about Star Trek as its fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment